Owned and operated by the Town of Quispamsis, the qplex is a multi-purpose recreation and conference centre, located on Randy Jones Way between Meenan’s Cove Road and Vincent Road. Jones, a former NHL defenceman, grew up in Quispamsis.
The qplex has become a focal point of our community. Residents enjoy the opportunity to skate on the NHL-sized 200’ x 85’ ice surface, stroll along the Aquafina indoor walking track and grab a snack at the canteen. A YMCA of Greater Saint John Inc. Community Centre is on site with a family leisure and junior Olympic swimming pool and playground. The Rinkside Sport Shop is available for your sporting equipment needs.
Four-legged friends can also get a workout as the qplex boasts the one-acre Homestar off-leash dog park. The qplex sits next to the building once known as the Gondola Point Rec Centre, which features existing nature trails, soccer fields, tennis courts and baseball diamond. With the addition of the qplex, this area spans roughly 79 acres. We are located at 20 Randy Jones Way in Quispamsis, NB.
Did you know ….
- The qplex is a WiFi Freespot
- Trails surround the qplex
- There are a number of accessible-friendly features throughout the facility:
- Lighted alarm system for hearing impaired
- Braille way-finding signage
- Two see-through panels on the rink boards for wheelchair viewing at ice level
- Elevator access between the concourse and rink level
The qplex is much more than just an ice surface. With its 4,000 square-foot Moosehead conference centre, the facility hosts a variety of events, including meetings, receptions and dinners.