Skating is a great way to stay physically fit while having fun with one of Canada’s favourite activities. So lace up those skates and enjoy the ice! Coupled with its sister facility, the Quispamsis Memorial Arena (QMA), the qplex provides the town with a second indoor ice surface. The qplex maintains its ice surface throughout the year while the QMA, located at 350 Hampton Road, operates as an ice rink for approximately six months of the year.
The qplex is available for private bookings, and offers public skating, along with community-organized programs such as KV Minor Hockey.
Access cards are required for the following free skating at the qplex. Free Access Cards can be obtained by filling out a form in the qplex administration office weekdays from 8am – 4:00 pm.
- Public Skate
- Senior Skate
- Tykes with Sticks
- NHL regulation size
- Dimensions: 200 feet x 85 feet
- Open Year Round
- 1,140 seats
- Capacity 1,500 people (includes standing)
- Heated stands
- Wheelchair accessible viewing areas
Things to Know
- No fee for public skating
- Helmets are mandatory.
- All public skaters must have an access card for the qplex.
- Separate players entrance at ice level
- Six Dressing Rooms - two are oversized
- All have in-floor heating, stick racks, washrooms and showers
- Two Referee Rooms
- Electric Zamboni - zero emissions
- Two see-through glass viewing sections at ice level
- Please be considerate of other skaters - no racing or tag
- Family washrooms are located near the players entrance