Starting Saturday, July 31, 2021, the qplex ice surface will return to normal capacity.
Access cards will still be required for the following free skating:
- Public Skate
- Senior Skate
- Tykes with Sticks
Skating is a great way to stay physically fit while having fun with one of Canada’s favourite activities. So lace up those skates and enjoy the ice! The qplex is available for private bookings, and offers public skating, along with community-organized programs such as KV Minor Hockey. For general information on ice rentals and availability call (506) 848-5900 or stop by the Administration Office at the qplex.
Coupled with its sister facility, the Quispamsis Memorial Arena (QMA), the qplex provides the town with a second indoor ice surface. The qplex maintains its ice surface throughout the year while the QMA, located at 350 Hampton Road, operates as an ice rink for approximately six months of the year.
- All public skaters must have an access card for the qplex.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- NHL regulation size
- Dimensions: 200 feet x 85 feet
- Open Year Round
- 1,140 seats
- Capacity 1,500 people (includes standing)
- Heated stands
- Wheelchair accessible viewing areas
Things to Know
- No fee for public skating
- Separate players entrance at ice level
- Six Dressing Rooms - two are oversized
- All have in-floor heating, stick racks, washrooms and showers
- Two Referee Rooms
- Electric Zamboni - zero emissions
- Two see-through glass viewing sections at ice level
- Please be considerate of other skaters - no racing or tag
- Family washrooms are located near the players entrance